Who knew an ear of corn or fresh tomato could improve your health, your community and the environment, all at the same time? Buying local foods is a simple way to do all three. Local food doesn’t suffer the “jet lag” of produce trucked across the country. It puts more money back into the local economy and saves a whole lot of gas. Find the best farmers’ markets in North Fulton and Cobb County below:
- Alpharetta Farmer’s Market – Wide variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables, Old Roswell Street Off Milton Avenue And Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30005. Phone: 404-402-5389. Email: email@example.com. Open: (Market): Every Saturday, rain or shine; April 18, 2009, 8:00 am to 12:30 pm; and runs through October 24, 2009. Directions: The Alpharetta Farmer’s Market has taken root under an old oak tree in the Historic Downtown Alpharetta City Parking Lot behind Smoke Jack, A Southern Grill. The parking lot is located on Old Roswell Street off Milton Avenue and Main Street. For a map to our farm, click here. Payment: Cash, only. The Alpharetta Farmer’s Market is open to farmers, gardeners, and makers of edible home goods. Many downtown merchants will compliment the Farmer’s Market by running sales and specials during market weekends. The market is open to farmers, gardeners, and makers of edible home goods. Many downtown merchants will compliment the Farmer’s Market by running sales and specials during market weekends. (UPDATED: April 17, 2009)
- John’s Creek Farmer’s Market – outdoor farmer’s market Newtown Park, Old Alabama Road, John’s Creek, GA. Phone: 678-512-3200. Open: Saturdays, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm; June 2 until September 8, 2012.
- Market On The Green – Farm market, not located on the farm, Wide variety of seasonal, locally grown fruits and vegetables, Uncovered outdoor market, Baked goods, Preserves, jams, jellies, Crafts, artistic products, etc, concessions / refreshment stand, restrooms, picnic area, face painting, Bouncy castle 118 Lakeshore Drive, Roswell, GA 30075. Phone: 760-580-7186. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Once a month Market on Saturdays only, beginning July 16, August 13, September 10 and October 8 and always from 4pm to 8pm! Live bands will set a nice tone for the whole event! Cash only please!. Directions: From 400 Northbound get off on exit 7B, turning right onto Holcomb Bridge Road/Crossville/Hwy 92 about 5 miles. Turn right onto Mountain Park Road go about 2 miles keeping straight. Turn right to stay on Mountain Park Road Farmer’s Market will be on your right!. Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, only. Click here for our Facebook page. Market On the Green will be held on July 16th from 4-8! This is a destination/event Market, located beside Garrett Lake in the serene setting of Mountain Park, a wildlife refuge. (Nestled between Roswell and Woodstock). This is an eclectic Market with gourmet market food items, handcrafted art, jewelry, kids activities and more! Some of the fresh line up includes… First Coast Gourmet, Pearson Peaches, In The Garden with Billy will bring fresh tomatoes and anything else that has popped up in his garden, Harvest Moon Farms will bring their variety of berries, Freshly Milled Bread, David’s Garden, Belle’s Bread, The Pop Shop, and Enlightened Aroma, to name a few! Come prepared with a blanket to sit and listen to live music while you and your family bite into wonderfully prepared eats! A Farmers Market the whole family will enjoy!. (ADDED: June 29, 2011)
- Milton Farm’s Market – Outdoor market 12615 Broadwell Road, Milton, GA. Phone: 404-944-5607. Open: Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm. (ADDED: July 20, 2012 from news)
- Riverside Farmers Market – Uses natural growing practices, Wide variety of seasonal, locally grown fruits and vegetables, Uncovered outdoor market, Fresh local eggs, Baked goods, Preserves, jams, jellies, restrooms, picnic area, events at your location (call for info) Roswell City Hall, 38 Hill Street, Roswell, GA. Phone: 404-613-7670. Fax: 770-7672. Email: email@example.com. Open: Saturdays, 8am to 12 noon, rain or shine May 19, 2012 to September 15, 2012. Directions: Head south on N Atlanta St into Historic Roswell. Turn left at Oak St. Take the 2nd left onto Ellis St. Take the 1st left onto Hill St. City Hall will be on the right. When we went on Saturday, there was someone on the main road holding a sign to help people find it. Click here for a map and directions. We use natural practices, but are not seeking organic certification. Payment: Cash, Check. Certified Georgia-Grown Market, all local, some certified organic growers organic compost, plants, fresh and dried flowers, honey, herbal soaps, dog treats, wooden bowls live music, chef demonstrations and special events weekly. (ADDED: June 12, 2009) (UPDATED: May 24, 2012)
- Sandy Springs Farmers Market– Wide variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables, concession stand (drinks, snacks and/or food), picnic area 235 Sandy Springs Circle, Sandy Springs, GA. Open: April-November;Saturdays 8:30-12:00. Directions: See their website for directions. Payment: Cash, Check, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, AmEx . Some vendors are organic; some items are exclusive to the market;Lots of easy parking; convenient location, easy access to Roswell Rd./400/285/Mt.Vernon HWY. Dog-friendly. (Suggested by a visitor, ADDED: August 30, 2012) Comments from a visitor on August 30, 2012: “LOVE it! It is PACKED every Saturday; look forward to it’s opening and sad when it closes for the season.”
- Cobb International Farmers Market- Wide variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables, restrooms, concession stand (drinks, snacks and/or food) 2350 Spring Rd SE, Smyrna, GA 30080. Phone: 678-309-0007. Open: Monday to Saturday from 9am -10pm; Sunday from 9am to 9pm, all year round. Directions: Call for directions. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, AmEx . (Suggested by a visitor, ADDED: May 29, 2011) Comments from a visitor on May 29, 2011: “I love this market!! They have a great selection of fresh seafood and meats and they clean the seafood for you as well!”
- Kennesaw Farmers Market – Farmers market (multiple stalls or vendors), Wide variety of seasonal, locally grown fruits and vegetables, Uncovered outdoor market, Baked goods, Preserves, jams, jellies, 3273 Watts Drive, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Phone: 770-794-7075. Alternate Phone: 770-499-0874. Fax: 770-429-4548. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Tuesdays, 7:00 am to 1:00 pm, May through October. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Check. The Kennesaw Farmers Market features a variety of fresh produce grown by local farmers, as well as other locally produced items. (UPDATED: March 15, 2011)
- Marietta Square Farmers Market First Baptist Church parking lot on the corner of Church Street and Hansell. Phone: 770-499-9393. Email: email@example.com. Open every Saturday from 8am-12noon from May to October.